High Voltage50 Ω Pulse Generator for CMTI Application
The CMTI-8010C isa high voltage 50 Ω pulse generator for static and dynamic common mode transferinterference (CMTI) evaluations of digital isolators according IEC-60747-5-5and IEC-60747-17.
- High voltage 50 Ω pulse generator for static and dynamic common mode transfer interference (CMTI) evaluations of digital isolators according IEC-60747-5-5 and IEC-60747-17
- Two digital programmable operation modes:
- Mode A: high voltage mode at minimum 0.3 ns pulse rise time
- Mode B: medium voltage mode at minimum 100 ps pulse rise time
- CMTI slew rate:
- up to 10000 V/ns at 3 kV open load output voltage and 0.3 ns rise time (mode A)
- up to 20000 V/ns at 2 kV open load output voltage and 100 ps rise time (mode B)
- 80 kW output power into 50 Ω load (mode A)
- 8 programmable pulse rise times out of: 50 ns, 20 ns, 10 ns, 7 ns, 5 ns, 3.5 ns, 2 ns, 1 ns, 0.6 ns, 0.3 ns, 200 ps, 100 ps (other values on request)
- Optional manual external pulse width extensions from 5 ns to 500 ns (up to 2 µs on request) using the external pulse width extender TLP-8012A5 in mode A up to 3 kV open load output voltage.
- Optional automatic programmable pulse width extensions from 125 ns to 1600 ns (up to 2 µs on request) in 25 ns step size using the external pulse width extender TLP-3011C in mode B up to 2 kV open load output voltage.
- High speed 50 Ω trigger output for oscilloscopes (synchronous to high voltage pulse output)
- Built-in pulse reflection suppression
- Fast pulse repetition rate, typically 100 ms per pulse
- Application programming interface (API): software macros to control pulse generator in standalone operation
- Integrated interlock safety shut-down needed for pulse widths beyond 500 ns
- Industrial isolated and EMI/ESD protected USB control interface
- Two years warranty on the total system